HDM De-clutchable wormgear offers simple and reliable manual positioning of the valves, dampers and other quarter-turn devices when overriding existing pneumatic, electric or hydraulic quarter-turn actuators. All unit are suitable for both indoor and outdoor installation. The modular design is to provide the most efficient and effective solution to a full range of manual overriding requirements.
Main Product features
To engage manual operation, first pull out the lock handle and then rotate the clutch lever in anti-clockwise direction until engagement takes place. To return to automatic mode, first pull out the lock handle and then rotate the clutch lever in clockwise.
Remark:The bottom center of the HDM-4 is either F10/F14 or F10/F12
|New Manual Override
|New Manual Override
1. Question:What is your main products?
Answer:Our main products are Pneumatic Actuators, Electric Actuators, Actuated Valves And Valve actuators Accessories..
2. Question:Are you a trader or manufacturer ?
Answer: We are the pneumatic actuators and electric actuators manufacturer , we have ability to do the customization products with experienced team, And we have own factory and production line.
3. Question:How do your make the quality guarantee for actuators?
Answer:We have our own quality control system for incoming and outgoing of the materials, every product will be under controlled and tested before delivery to our customer , and we also provide 18 months guarantee ,beside we provide technical supporting .
4. Question:When can I receive the Price of valve actuators ?
Answer:We will give the Quotation Within 24 hours after we get your inquiry .Or Your can call or message us if it’s quite urgently.
5. Question:How to order our pneumatic actuators and electric actuators ?
Answer:Please send us your inquiry by Email, , etc. we need to know the following informations before giving the formal Quotation.
1) Product information in details, Quantity, Other requirements
2) Delivery time required
6. Question:How can I get a sample to check your quality?
Answer:Contact with our sales expert to arrange the sample delivery. Please send us the details of the sample before placing the order.
7. Question:Shall we pay the sample cost and transportation cost ?
Answer:We will provide the sample by free of charge. Your will bear the freight cost.
8. Question:How long to prepare the sample ?
Answer:Most of our products are under regular production and some of them we keep in stocks.
9. Question:How to delivery the sample to our place?
Answer:Your can provide your forwarders contacts if any, or we will arrange it for you.
10. Question:What about the delivery date if we place the formal order ?
Answer:Usually it takes 15~20days on the production .We know that on-time delivery is very crucial to our customers to meet dead-lines.
We monitor and expedite our supply chain to ensure that we delivery our products to our customers on-time all the time.
|Change Drive Direction, Speed Changing
|Soft Tooth Surface
|Torque Arm Type
Can you provide examples of machinery that use worm gears?
Worm gears are utilized in various machinery and mechanical systems where precise motion control, high gear reduction ratios, and self-locking capabilities are required. Here are some examples of machinery that commonly use worm gears:
- Elevators: Worm gears are commonly employed in elevator systems to control the vertical movement of the elevator car. The high gear reduction ratio provided by worm gears allows for smooth and controlled lifting and lowering of heavy loads.
- Conveyor systems: Worm gears are used in conveyor systems to drive the movement of belts or chains. The self-locking nature of worm gears helps prevent the conveyor from back-driving when the power is turned off, ensuring that the materials or products being transported stay in place.
- Automotive applications: Worm gears can be found in automotive steering systems. They are often used in the steering gearboxes to convert the rotational motion of the steering wheel into lateral movement of the vehicle’s wheels. Worm gears provide mechanical advantage and precise control for steering operations.
- Milling machines: Worm gears are utilized in milling machines to control the movement of the worktable or the spindle. They offer high torque transmission and accurate positioning, facilitating precise cutting and shaping of materials during milling operations.
- Lifts and hoists: Worm gears are commonly employed in lifting and hoisting equipment, such as cranes and winches. Their high gear reduction ratio allows for the lifting of heavy loads with minimal effort, while the self-locking property prevents the load from descending unintentionally.
- Rotary actuators: Worm gears are used in rotary actuators to convert linear motion into rotary motion. They are employed in various applications, including valve actuators, robotic arms, and indexing mechanisms, where controlled and precise rotational movement is required.
- Packaging machinery: Worm gears find application in packaging machinery, such as filling machines and capping machines. They assist in controlling the movement of conveyor belts, rotating discs, or cam mechanisms, enabling accurate and synchronized packaging operations.
- Printing presses: Worm gears are utilized in printing presses to control the paper feed and the movement of the printing plates. They provide precise and consistent motion, ensuring accurate registration and alignment of the printed images.
These are just a few examples, and worm gears can be found in many other applications, including machine tools, textile machinery, food processing equipment, and more. The unique characteristics of worm gears make them suitable for various industries where motion control, high torque transmission, and self-locking capabilities are essential.
Can worm gears be used in automotive applications?
Yes, worm gears can be used in certain automotive applications. Here’s a detailed explanation of their use in the automotive industry:
1. Steering Systems: Worm gears are commonly used in automotive steering systems, particularly in older vehicles. They can provide the necessary torque and precision for steering control. The self-locking feature of worm gears is advantageous in steering applications as it helps maintain the desired steering position even when external forces are applied. However, it’s important to note that many modern vehicles have transitioned to other steering mechanisms such as rack and pinion for improved efficiency and performance.
2. Window Regulators: Worm gears can be found in power window regulator systems in some vehicles. They help convert rotational motion into linear motion, allowing for the smooth and controlled movement of windows. Worm gears in window regulators are often paired with a mechanical linkage system to distribute the motion to multiple windows.
3. Convertible Top Mechanisms: In convertible vehicles, worm gears can be utilized in the mechanisms that raise and lower the convertible top. The high torque capabilities of worm gears make them suitable for these applications, as they can effectively handle the load of the top and ensure smooth and reliable operation.
4. Accessory Drives: Worm gears can be employed in accessory drives within the automotive engine compartment. They can be used to transfer power from the engine to various accessories such as water pumps, fuel pumps, and air compressors. However, it’s important to note that other power transmission mechanisms such as belts and pulleys or gear drives are more commonly used in modern automotive accessory drive systems due to their higher efficiency and compact design.
5. Limited-Slip Differentials: Worm gears can be incorporated into limited-slip differentials in some automotive applications. Limited-slip differentials distribute torque between the wheels to improve traction and stability. Worm gears can provide the necessary torque multiplication and torque biasing capabilities required for limited-slip differentials.
While worm gears can be found in these automotive applications, it’s important to consider that other power transmission mechanisms such as spur gears, bevel gears, and belt drives are more commonly used in modern automotive designs. These alternatives often offer higher efficiency, compactness, and better performance characteristics for automotive applications. Additionally, advancements in technology and the pursuit of lightweight and efficient designs have led to the adoption of alternative power transmission systems in many automotive applications.
Overall, while worm gears have a place in certain automotive applications, their use is more limited compared to other power transmission mechanisms commonly employed in the automotive industry.
Can you explain the concept of worm and worm wheel in a worm gear?
In a worm gear system, the worm and worm wheel are the two primary components that work together to transmit motion and power. Here’s an explanation of the concept:
The worm is a cylindrical shaft with a helical thread wrapped around it. It resembles a screw with a spiral groove. The helical thread is called the worm’s thread or worm thread. The worm is the driving component in the worm gear system.
When the worm rotates, the helical thread engages with the teeth of the worm wheel, causing the worm wheel to rotate. The angle of the helical thread creates a wedging action against the teeth of the worm wheel, resulting in a high gear reduction ratio.
One important characteristic of the worm is its self-locking nature. Due to the angle of the helical thread, the worm can drive the worm wheel, but the reverse is not true. The self-locking feature prevents the worm wheel from backdriving the worm, providing a mechanical brake or holding position in the system.
The worm can be made from various materials such as steel, bronze, or even plastics, depending on the application requirements. It is often mounted on a shaft and supported by bearings for smooth rotation.
The worm wheel, also known as the worm gear, is the driven component in the worm gear system. It is a gear with teeth that mesh with the helical thread of the worm. The teeth on the worm wheel are typically helical and cut to match the angle and pitch of the worm’s thread.
As the worm rotates, its helical thread engages with the teeth of the worm wheel, causing the worm wheel to rotate. The rotation of the worm wheel is in the same direction as the worm’s rotation, but the speed is significantly reduced due to the high gear reduction ratio of the worm gear system.
The worm wheel is usually larger in diameter compared to the worm, allowing for a higher gear reduction ratio. It can be made from materials such as steel, bronze, or cast iron, depending on the application’s torque and durability requirements.
Together, the worm and worm wheel form a compact and efficient gear system that provides high gear reduction and self-locking capabilities. They are commonly used in various applications where precise motion control, high torque, and compactness are required, such as elevators, steering systems, and machine tools.
editor by CX 2023-11-02