1)housing:aluminium alloy ADC12(size 571-090); die cast iron HT200(size 110-150);
2)Worm:20Cr, ZI Involute profile; carbonize&quencher heat treatment make gear surface hardness up to 56-62 HRC; After precision grinding, carburization layer’s thickness between 0.3-0.5mm.
3)Worm Wheel:wearable stannum alloy CuSn10-1
Input:with input shaft, With square flange,With IEC standard input flange
Output:with torque arm, output flange, single output shaft, double output shaft, plastic cover
Worm reducers are available with diffferent combinations: NMRV+NMRV, NMRV+NRV, NMRV+PC, NMRV+UDL, NMRV+MOTORS
|New Model||Ratio||Center Distance||Power||Input Dia.||Output Dia.||Output Torque||Weight|
GMRV Outline Dimension:
About CHINAMFG Transmission:
We are a professional reducer manufacturer located in HangZhou, ZHangZhoug province.
Our leading products is full range of RV571-150 worm reducers , also supplied GKM hypoid helical gearbox, GRC inline helical gearbox, PC units, UDL Variators and AC Motors, G3 helical gear motor.
Products are widely used for applications such as: foodstuffs, ceramics, packing, chemicals, pharmacy, plastics, paper-making, construction machinery, metallurgic mine, environmental protection engineering, and all kinds of automatic lines, and assembly lines.
With fast delivery, superior after-sales service, advanced producing facility, our products sell well both at home and abroad. We have exported our reducers to Southeast Asia, Eastern Europe and Middle East and so on.Our aim is to develop and innovate on basis of high quality, and create a good reputation for reducers.
Packing information:Plastic Bags+Cartons+Wooden Cases , or on request
We participate Germany Hannver Exhibition-ZheJiang PTC Fair-Turkey Win Eurasia
After Sales Service
1.Maintenance Time and Warranty:Within 1 year after receiving goods.
2.Other Service: Including modeling selection guide, installation guide, and problem resolution guide, etc.
1.Q:Can you make as per customer drawing?
A: Yes, we offer customized service for customers accordingly. We can use customer’s nameplate for gearboxes.
2.Q:What is your terms of payment ?
A: 30% deposit before production,balance T/T before delivery.
3.Q:Are you a trading company or manufacturer?
A:We are a manufacurer with advanced equipment and experienced workers.
4.Q:What’s your production capacity?
5.Q:Free sample is available or not?
A:Yes, we can supply free sample if customer agree to pay for the courier cost
6.Q:Do you have any certificate?
A:Yes, we have CE certificate and SGS certificate report.
Ms Lingel Pan
For any questions just feel free ton contact me. Many thanks for your kind attention to our company!
|Application:||Motor, Machinery, Marine, Agricultural Machinery, Industry|
|Hardness:||Hardened Tooth Surface|
|Gear Shape:||Worm Gear|
How does a worm gear impact the overall efficiency of a system?
A worm gear has a significant impact on the overall efficiency of a system due to its unique design and mechanical characteristics. Here’s a detailed explanation of how a worm gear affects system efficiency:
A worm gear consists of a worm (a screw-like gear) and a worm wheel (a cylindrical gear with teeth). When the worm rotates, it engages with the teeth of the worm wheel, causing the wheel to rotate. The main factors influencing the efficiency of a worm gear system are:
- Gear Reduction Ratio: Worm gears are known for their high gear reduction ratios, which are the ratio of the number of teeth on the worm wheel to the number of threads on the worm. This high reduction ratio allows for significant speed reduction and torque multiplication. However, the larger the reduction ratio, the more frictional losses occur, resulting in lower efficiency.
- Mechanical Efficiency: The mechanical efficiency of a worm gear system refers to the ratio of the output power to the input power, accounting for losses due to friction and inefficiencies in power transmission. Worm gears typically have lower mechanical efficiency compared to other gear types, primarily due to the sliding action between the worm and the worm wheel teeth. This sliding contact generates higher frictional losses, resulting in reduced efficiency.
- Self-Locking: One advantageous characteristic of worm gears is their self-locking property. Due to the angle of the worm thread, the worm gear system can prevent the reverse rotation of the output shaft without the need for additional braking mechanisms. While self-locking is beneficial for maintaining position and preventing backdriving, it also increases the frictional losses and reduces the efficiency when the gear system needs to be driven in the opposite direction.
- Lubrication: Proper lubrication is crucial for minimizing friction and maintaining efficient operation of a worm gear system. Inadequate or improper lubrication can lead to increased friction and wear, resulting in lower efficiency. Regular lubrication maintenance, including monitoring viscosity, cleanliness, and lubricant condition, is essential for optimizing efficiency and reducing power losses.
- Design and Manufacturing Quality: The design and manufacturing quality of the worm gear components play a significant role in determining the system’s efficiency. Precise machining, accurate tooth profiles, proper gear meshing, and appropriate surface finishes contribute to reducing friction and enhancing efficiency. High-quality materials with suitable hardness and smoothness also impact the overall efficiency of the system.
- Operating Conditions: The operating conditions, such as the load applied, rotational speed, and temperature, can affect the efficiency of a worm gear system. Higher loads, faster speeds, and extreme temperatures can increase frictional losses and reduce overall efficiency. Proper selection of the worm gear system based on the expected operating conditions is critical for optimizing efficiency.
It’s important to note that while worm gears may have lower mechanical efficiency compared to some other gear types, they offer unique advantages such as high gear reduction ratios, compact design, and self-locking capabilities. The suitability of a worm gear system depends on the specific application requirements and the trade-offs between efficiency, torque transmission, and other factors.
When designing or selecting a worm gear system, it is essential to consider the desired balance between efficiency, torque requirements, positional stability, and other performance factors to ensure optimal overall system efficiency.
Can worm gears be used in heavy-duty machinery and equipment?
Yes, worm gears can be used in heavy-duty machinery and equipment. Here’s a detailed explanation of their suitability for such applications:
1. High torque transmission: One of the key advantages of worm gears is their ability to transmit high torque. The unique design of the worm and worm wheel allows for efficient torque generation and power transmission. This makes worm gears well-suited for heavy-duty applications that require the transfer of substantial rotational forces.
2. Compact size: Worm gears offer a compact and space-saving solution for heavy-duty machinery. Their compact design allows for the transmission of high torque in a relatively small package. This is particularly advantageous in applications where space constraints or compact design requirements are present.
3. Self-locking feature: Worm gears exhibit a self-locking characteristic, meaning that the worm can prevent the back-driving of the gear system. This feature is beneficial in heavy-duty machinery where it is essential to maintain a fixed position or prevent the system from reversing under load. The self-locking capability of worm gears provides stability and safety in various heavy-duty applications.
4. High gear ratios: Worm gears can achieve high gear ratios, which is advantageous in heavy-duty machinery that requires precise speed reduction. The high gear ratios allow for fine control of rotational speed and torque output, enabling the gear system to match the requirements of heavy loads and demanding operating conditions.
5. Durable construction: Worm gears are typically manufactured using robust materials such as alloy steels, cast iron, or bronze. These materials offer excellent strength, wear resistance, and durability, making worm gears capable of withstanding the heavy loads and harsh operating environments encountered in heavy-duty machinery.
6. Overload protection: The unique design of worm gears provides inherent overload protection. When the load exceeds the gear’s capacity, the sliding action between the worm and worm wheel causes a high frictional force, limiting the torque transmission and preventing damage to the gear system. This overload protection feature is valuable in heavy-duty machinery where sudden load spikes or unexpected overloads can occur.
7. Wide range of applications: Worm gears find applications in various heavy-duty machinery and equipment across different industries. Some examples include cranes, winches, elevators, mining machinery, construction equipment, rolling mills, heavy-duty conveyors, and marine propulsion systems. The versatility of worm gears makes them suitable for a wide range of heavy-duty applications.
It is important to note that while worm gears offer several advantages for heavy-duty machinery, there are certain considerations to keep in mind. These include proper lubrication to minimize friction and wear, adequate cooling to manage heat generation, proper alignment to ensure efficient power transmission, and regular maintenance to inspect for signs of wear or damage. By addressing these factors, worm gears can reliably and effectively meet the demands of heavy-duty machinery and equipment.
Are there different types of worm gears available?
Yes, there are different types of worm gears available to suit various applications and requirements. Here are some of the commonly used types:
Single Enveloping Worm Gear:
The single enveloping worm gear, also known as a cylindrical worm gear, has cylindrical teeth on the worm wheel that mesh with the helical thread of the worm. The teeth of the worm wheel wrap around the worm in a single enveloping manner. This design provides better contact and load distribution, resulting in higher load-carrying capacity and smoother operation. Single enveloping worm gears are commonly used in heavy-duty applications where high torque transmission is required.
Double Enveloping Worm Gear:
The double enveloping worm gear is a specialized type of worm gear that provides even greater load-carrying capacity compared to the single enveloping design. In a double enveloping worm gear, both the worm and the worm wheel have curved tooth profiles. The teeth of the worm wrap around the worm wheel while the teeth of the worm wheel wrap around the worm. This double enveloping action increases the contact area, improves load distribution, and enhances the gear’s efficiency. Double enveloping worm gears are used in applications that demand high torque and precision, such as aerospace and defense industries.
Non-enveloping Worm Gear:
The non-enveloping worm gear, also known as a non-throated worm gear, has a worm wheel with teeth that do not fully wrap around the worm. Instead, the worm wheel has straight or slightly curved teeth that engage with the helical thread of the worm. Non-enveloping worm gears are simpler in design and less expensive to manufacture compared to enveloping worm gears. They are commonly used in applications with moderate loads and where cost is a consideration.
Self-locking Worm Gear:
Self-locking worm gears are designed with a specific helix angle of the worm’s thread to provide a self-locking effect. This means that when the worm is not actively driving the worm wheel, the worm wheel is prevented from rotating backward and can hold its position securely. Self-locking worm gears find applications in systems where holding position or preventing backdriving is crucial, such as elevators, lifts, and certain industrial machinery.
These are just a few examples of the different types of worm gears available. The choice of worm gear type depends on factors such as the application requirements, load capacity, efficiency, and cost considerations.
editor by CX 2023-09-17