1) According to the different strength and performance, we choose the steel with strong compression;
2) Using Germany professional software and our professional engineers to design products with more reasonable size and better performance; 3) We can customize our products according to the needs of our customers,Therefore, the optimal performance of the gear can be exerted under different working conditions;
4) Quality assurance in every step to ensure product quality is controllable.
NUMBER OF TEETH
DIRECTION OF SPIRAL
ACCURACY OF SPLINE
NUMBER OF SPLINE
NUMBER OF TEETH
DIAMETER OF INNER HOLE
ACCURACY OF SCREW
CENTER DISTANCE OF SCREW HOLE
DIRECTION OF SPIRAL
Our company,HangZhou CHINAMFG Gear co.,Ltd , specialized in Hypoid and spiral bevel gear used in Automotive industry, was foundeded in 1996, with registered capital 136,8 square meter, with building area of 72,000 square meters. More than 500 employees work in our company.
We own more than 560 high-precise machining equipments, 10 Klingelnberg Oerlikon gear production lines, 36 Gleason gear production lines, 5 forging production lines 2 german Aichilin and 5 CHINAMFG CHINAMFG advanced automatic continuous heat treatment production lines. With the introducing the advanced Oerlikon C50 and P65 measuring center, we enhence our technology level and improve our product quality a lot. We offer better quality and good after-sale service with low price, which insure the good reputation. With the concept of “for the people, by technology, creativity, for the society, transfering friendship, honest”, we are trying to provice the world-top level product.
Our aim is: CHINAMFG Gear,world class, Drive the world.
According to the different strength and performance, we choose the steel with strong compression;Using Germany professional software and our professional engineers to design products with more reasonable size and better performance;We can customize our products according to the needs of our customers,Therefore, the optimal performance of the gear can be exerted under different working conditions;Quality assurance in every step to ensure product quality is controllable.
Our company had full quality management system and had been certified by ISO9001:2000, QS-9000:1998, ISO/TS16949 , which insure the entrance of international market.
Certification & honors
Packaging & Shipping
Packaging Detail:standard package(carton ,wooden pallet).
Shipping:Support Sea freight. Accept FOB,EXW,FAS,DES.
HangZhou CHINAMFG Gear Co., Ltd. adheres to the concept of “people-oriented, prosper with science and technology; create high-quality products, contribute to the society; turn friendship, and contribute sincerely”, and will strive to create world automotive axle spiral bevel gear products.
1.Do you provide samples?
Yes,we can offer free sample but not pay the cost of freight.
2.What about OEM?
Yes,we can do OEM according to your requirements.
3.How about after-sales service?
We have excellent after-sales service if you have any quanlity problem,you can contact us anytime.
4.What about package?
Stardard package or customized package as requirements.
5.How to ensure the quanlity of the products?
We can provide raw meterial report,metallographic examination and the accuracy testing etc.
6.How long is your delivery time?
Genarally it is 4-7 days.If customized it will be take 20 days according to your quantity.
|Motor, Electric Cars, Motorcycle, Machinery, Marine, Agricultural Machinery, Car
|Hardened Tooth Surface
|Toothed Portion Shape:
What are the advantages and disadvantages of using a worm gear?
A worm gear offers several advantages and disadvantages that should be considered when selecting it for a specific application. Here’s a detailed explanation of the advantages and disadvantages of using a worm gear:
Advantages of using a worm gear:
- High gear reduction ratio: Worm gears are known for their high gear reduction ratios, which allow for significant speed reduction and torque multiplication. This makes them suitable for applications that require precise motion control and high torque output.
- Compact design: Worm gears have a compact design, making them space-efficient and suitable for applications where size is a constraint. The worm gear’s compactness allows for easy integration into machinery and equipment with limited space.
- Self-locking capability: One of the key advantages of a worm gear is its self-locking property. The angle of the worm thread prevents the reverse rotation of the output shaft, eliminating the need for additional braking mechanisms. This self-locking feature is beneficial for maintaining position and preventing backdriving in applications where holding the load in place is important.
- Quiet operation: Worm gears typically operate with reduced noise levels compared to other gear types. The sliding action between the worm and the worm wheel teeth results in smoother and quieter operation, making them suitable for applications where noise reduction is desired.
- High shock-load resistance: Worm gears have good shock-load resistance due to the sliding contact between the worm and the worm wheel teeth. This makes them suitable for applications that involve sudden or intermittent loads, such as lifting and hoisting equipment.
- Easy installation and maintenance: Worm gears are relatively easy to install and maintain. They often come as a compact unit, requiring minimal assembly. Lubrication maintenance is crucial for optimal performance and longevity, but it is typically straightforward and accessible.
Disadvantages of using a worm gear:
- Lower efficiency: Worm gears tend to have lower mechanical efficiency compared to some other gear types. The sliding action between the worm and the worm wheel teeth generates higher frictional losses, resulting in reduced efficiency. However, efficiency can be improved through careful design, quality manufacturing, and proper lubrication.
- Limited speed capability: Worm gears are not suitable for high-speed applications due to their sliding contact and the potential for heat generation. High speeds can lead to increased friction, wear, and reduced efficiency. However, they excel in low to moderate speed applications where high torque output is required.
- Heat generation: The sliding action between the worm and the worm wheel generates friction, which can result in heat generation. In high-load or continuous-duty applications, this heat buildup can affect the efficiency and longevity of the system. Proper lubrication and heat dissipation measures are necessary to mitigate this issue.
- Less suitable for bidirectional motion: While worm gears offer excellent self-locking capabilities in one direction, they are less efficient and less suitable for bidirectional motion. Reversing the direction of the input or output shaft can lead to increased friction, reduced efficiency, and potential damage to the gear system.
- Lower accuracy in positioning: Worm gears may have lower accuracy in positioning compared to some other gear types, such as precision gear systems. The sliding contact and inherent backlash in worm gears can introduce some degree of positioning error. However, for many applications, the accuracy provided by worm gears is sufficient.
- Potential for wear and backlash: Over time, the sliding action in worm gears can lead to wear and the development of backlash, which is the play or clearance between the worm and the worm wheel teeth. Regular inspection, maintenance, and proper lubrication are necessary to minimize wear and reduce backlash.
When considering the use of a worm gear, it’s essential to evaluate the specific requirements of the application and weigh the advantages against the disadvantages. Factors such as torque requirements, speed limitations, positional stability, space constraints, and overall system efficiency should be taken into account to determine if a worm gear is the right choice.
Can worm gears be used in automotive applications?
Yes, worm gears can be used in certain automotive applications. Here’s a detailed explanation of their use in the automotive industry:
1. Steering Systems: Worm gears are commonly used in automotive steering systems, particularly in older vehicles. They can provide the necessary torque and precision for steering control. The self-locking feature of worm gears is advantageous in steering applications as it helps maintain the desired steering position even when external forces are applied. However, it’s important to note that many modern vehicles have transitioned to other steering mechanisms such as rack and pinion for improved efficiency and performance.
2. Window Regulators: Worm gears can be found in power window regulator systems in some vehicles. They help convert rotational motion into linear motion, allowing for the smooth and controlled movement of windows. Worm gears in window regulators are often paired with a mechanical linkage system to distribute the motion to multiple windows.
3. Convertible Top Mechanisms: In convertible vehicles, worm gears can be utilized in the mechanisms that raise and lower the convertible top. The high torque capabilities of worm gears make them suitable for these applications, as they can effectively handle the load of the top and ensure smooth and reliable operation.
4. Accessory Drives: Worm gears can be employed in accessory drives within the automotive engine compartment. They can be used to transfer power from the engine to various accessories such as water pumps, fuel pumps, and air compressors. However, it’s important to note that other power transmission mechanisms such as belts and pulleys or gear drives are more commonly used in modern automotive accessory drive systems due to their higher efficiency and compact design.
5. Limited-Slip Differentials: Worm gears can be incorporated into limited-slip differentials in some automotive applications. Limited-slip differentials distribute torque between the wheels to improve traction and stability. Worm gears can provide the necessary torque multiplication and torque biasing capabilities required for limited-slip differentials.
While worm gears can be found in these automotive applications, it’s important to consider that other power transmission mechanisms such as spur gears, bevel gears, and belt drives are more commonly used in modern automotive designs. These alternatives often offer higher efficiency, compactness, and better performance characteristics for automotive applications. Additionally, advancements in technology and the pursuit of lightweight and efficient designs have led to the adoption of alternative power transmission systems in many automotive applications.
Overall, while worm gears have a place in certain automotive applications, their use is more limited compared to other power transmission mechanisms commonly employed in the automotive industry.
What is the purpose of a self-locking feature in a worm gear?
A self-locking feature in a worm gear serves the purpose of preventing reverse motion or backdriving of the gear system. When a worm gear is self-locking, it means that the worm can rotate the worm wheel, but the reverse action is hindered or restricted, providing a mechanical holding or braking capability. This self-locking feature offers several advantages and is utilized in various applications. Here are the key purposes of the self-locking feature:
- Mechanical Holding: The self-locking capability of a worm gear allows it to hold a specific position or prevent unintended movement when the worm is not actively driving the system. This is particularly useful in applications where it is necessary to maintain a fixed position or prevent the gear from rotating due to external forces or vibrations. Examples include elevators, lifts, and positioning systems.
- Backdriving Prevention: The self-locking feature prevents the worm wheel from driving the worm in the reverse direction. This is advantageous in applications where it is crucial to prevent a load or external force from causing the gear to rotate backward. For instance, in a lifting mechanism, the self-locking feature ensures that the load remains suspended without requiring continuous power input.
- Enhanced Safety: The self-locking property of a worm gear contributes to safety in certain applications. By preventing unintended or undesired motion, it helps maintain stability and reduces the risk of accidents or uncontrolled movement. This is particularly important in scenarios where human safety or the integrity of the system is at stake, such as in heavy machinery or critical infrastructure.
It’s important to note that not all worm gears are self-locking. The self-locking characteristic depends on the design parameters, specifically the helix angle of the worm’s thread. A higher helix angle increases the self-locking tendency, while a lower helix angle reduces or eliminates the self-locking effect. Therefore, when selecting a worm gear for an application that requires the self-locking feature, it is essential to consider the specific design parameters and ensure that the gear meets the necessary requirements.
editor by CX 2023-10-10