Mold opening customization Injection molding POM gear injection molding manufacturer Non-standard custom nylon helical gear Plastic bevel gear
Nylon gears, acetal (also known as Delrin) gears, and UHMW rack and pinion were originally introduced to the market to fill niche applications; however, this is no longer the case as plastic gears have quickly become a disruptive technology.
While most gears are traditionally made from various metals, plastic gear technology is pushing the previous limits of load carrying, torque handling and gear drive capabilities. These plastic gears and racks are identical in design to metal gears and racks, so they are directly interchangeable with steel and other OEM and custom metal gears and racks.
For nylon gears, self-lubrication is a key advantage. An ongoing problem with many metal drive gears is the need for external lubrication, a major problem when the gear is inaccessible or the lubricant only exacerbates the problem (such as gears operating in high dust or CHINAMFG environments). Can withstand the same load requirements for many applications with longer part life. Many specialty grades are also available to enhance certain properties (such as tensile strength or abrasion resistance) or to meet certain requirements (such as FDA and USDA regulations). Nylon also has high compressive strength and an excellent coefficient of friction at a cost comparable to or lower than alternatives.
About Acetal, also known as Delrin, is ideal for close tolerance gears that operate in harsh environments and do not expand or contract significantly under extreme temperature changes. These acetal gears are typically quiet in operation while providing exceptional strength, toughness and low friction. Acetal gears have even recently found their way into the automotive industry, where load and torque requirements have traditionally limited the usefulness of plastic gears.
UHMW and other high-performance plastic gears and racks offer the advantages of reduced wear and noise reduction compared to their metal counterparts, and UHMW is often considered when impact resistance is key. Many customers report that their UHMW racks have component life that is 10 or even 15 times longer than metal racks.
In addition, we can also customize large modulus gears of other high-performance materials, please contact us for the latest material quotation
(1) According to the different strength and performance, we choose the steel with strong compression;
(2) Using Germany professional software and our professional engineers to design products with more reasonable size
and better performance;
(3) We can customize our products according to the needs of our customers,Therefore, the optimal performance of the
gear can be exerted under different working conditions;
(4) Quality assurance in every step to ensure product quality is controllableProduct parameters
|Precision grade||DIN6, DIN7, DIN8, DIN10|
|Pressure angle||20 degree|
|Material||C45 steel, Stainless steel 304, Plastic, Brass, 20CrMo,40Cr and so on|
|Heat treatment||Hardening and Tempering, High Frequency Quenching,Carburizing etc|
|Surface treatment||Blacking, Polishing, Anodization, Chrome Plating, Zinc Plating, Nickel Plating|
|Application||Precision cutting machines. Lathes. Milling machines. Grinders.
Automated mechanical systems. Automated warehousing systems.
|Machining process||Hobbing, Milling, Drilling, Shaving, Grinding|
If you have any problems or want to get the quoted price of any plastics or machined components, please feel free to contact us. Our engineers will reply to you as soon as possible.
Our products cover auto parts mold, electrical appliances injection mold, medical machinery and so on. We provide products and services to more than 60 countries and regions in the world, including Europe, the United States and Southeast Asia.
Our factory has 100 sets of precision processing equipment, welcome to visit our factory!
The factory covers an area of 10,000 square CHINAMFG Production equipment has the original American imported Haas CNC machining center, wire-electrode cutting, electrical discharge machine,Perforating machine, injection molding machine, CNC milling machine,CNC hobbing machine, CNC lathe, CNC milling machine, CNC lathe, CNC milling machine, grinding machine and other machinery and equipment.
OEM, ODM, Customization service,Reasonable and competitive price,Design for Manufacturability (DFM) analysis with every quote,Short Delivery Time.
Reliable mold expert 15+ years’ experience, Cooperated with many world famous brands for many years, Specialize in large and complex injection mold making, One-stop service from design to production.
Companies strictly enforce the ISO9001(2008)international quality certification system, the product quality conforms to the eu RoHS standard.
Our company is developing in the mode of quality for survival, brand for development and customer’s demand, welcome new and old customers to visit our factory for guidance.
Our Exhibition & CCTV Interview
Q1. Can samples be produced?
Q2. What is the accuracy of the products processed by the drawings?
A2. Different equipment has different accuracy, generally between 0.05-0.1
Q3. What craftsmanship do you have for processing accessories?
A3. According to different products, different processes are used, such as machining, extrusion, injection molding, etc.
Q4. What are your processing equipment?
A4. CNC machining center, CNC lathe, milling machine, engraving machine, injection molding machine, extruder, molding
Q5. Can you help assembling the product after it is made?
A5. It’s okay
Q6. What certifications or qualifications does your company have?
A6. Our company’s certificates are: ISO, ROHS, product patent certificates, etc.
Q7. Can injection products be surface treated? What are the surface treatments?
A7. It is ok. Surface treatment: spray paint, silk screen, electroplating, etc.
|Application:||Motor, Electric Cars, Motorcycle, Machinery, Marine, Toy, Agricultural Machinery, Car|
|Hardness:||Soft Tooth Surface|
|Gear Position:||Internal Gear|
|Manufacturing Method:||Cast Gear|
|Toothed Portion Shape:||Spur Gear|
How do you maintain and service a worm gear?
Maintaining and servicing a worm gear is essential to ensure its optimal performance, reliability, and longevity. Regular maintenance helps identify and address potential issues before they escalate, minimizes wear, and extends the lifespan of the gear system. Here are some key steps involved in maintaining and servicing a worm gear:
- Inspection: Conduct routine visual inspections of the worm gear system to check for any signs of wear, damage, or misalignment. Inspect the gear teeth, bearings, housings, and lubrication system. Look for indications of excessive wear, pitting, chipping, or abnormal noise during operation.
- Lubrication: Ensure that the worm gear system is properly lubricated according to the manufacturer’s recommendations. Regularly check the lubricant levels, cleanliness, and viscosity. Monitor and maintain the lubrication system, including oil reservoirs, filters, and seals. Replace the lubricant at recommended intervals or if it becomes contaminated or degraded.
- Tighten fasteners: Over time, vibrations and operational forces can cause fasteners to loosen. Regularly check and tighten any bolts, screws, or clamps associated with the worm gear system. Be cautious not to overtighten, as it may lead to distortion or damage to the gear components.
- Alignment: Check the alignment of the worm gear system periodically. Misalignment can cause excessive wear, increased friction, and reduced efficiency. Adjust and realign the gears if necessary to ensure proper meshing and minimize backlash.
- Cleaning: Keep the worm gear system clean and free from debris, dirt, or contaminants. Regularly remove any accumulated dirt or particles that may affect the gear performance. Use appropriate cleaning methods and solvents that are compatible with the gear materials.
- Load monitoring: Monitor the load conditions of the worm gear system. Ensure that the gear is not operating beyond its rated capacity or encountering excessive shock loads. If needed, consider implementing load monitoring devices or systems to prevent overloading and protect the gear system.
- Periodic inspection and testing: Schedule periodic comprehensive inspections and functional testing of the worm gear system. This may involve disassembling components, checking for wear, measuring gear backlash, and evaluating overall performance. Identify and address any issues promptly to prevent further damage or failure.
- Professional servicing: For complex or critical applications, it may be beneficial to involve a professional service provider or gear specialist for more extensive maintenance or repairs. They can offer expertise in diagnosing issues, performing advanced inspections, and conducting specialized repairs or replacements.
It’s important to follow the manufacturer’s recommendations and guidelines for maintaining and servicing the specific worm gear system. Adhering to proper maintenance practices helps ensure the gear’s optimal performance, reduces the risk of unexpected failures, and maximizes its operational lifespan.
How do you address noise and vibration issues in a worm gear system?
Noise and vibration issues can arise in a worm gear system due to various factors such as misalignment, improper lubrication, gear wear, or resonance. Addressing these issues is important to ensure smooth and quiet operation of the system. Here’s a detailed explanation of how to address noise and vibration issues in a worm gear system:
1. Misalignment correction: Misalignment between the worm and the worm wheel can cause noise and vibration. Ensuring proper alignment of the gears by adjusting their positions and alignment tolerances can help reduce these issues. Precise alignment minimizes tooth contact errors and improves the meshing efficiency, resulting in reduced noise and vibration levels.
2. Lubrication optimization: Inadequate or improper lubrication can lead to increased friction and wear, resulting in noise and vibration. Using the correct lubricant with the appropriate viscosity and additives, and ensuring proper lubrication intervals, can help reduce friction and dampen vibrations. Regular lubricant analysis and replenishment can also prevent excessive wear and maintain optimal performance.
3. Gear inspection and replacement: Wear and damage to the gear teeth can contribute to noise and vibration problems. Regular inspection of the worm gear system allows for early detection of any worn or damaged teeth. Timely replacement of worn gears or damaged components helps maintain the integrity of the gear mesh and reduces noise and vibration levels.
4. Noise reduction measures: Various noise reduction measures can be implemented to minimize noise in a worm gear system. These include using noise-dampening materials or coatings, adding sound insulation or vibration-absorbing pads to the housing, and incorporating noise-reducing features in the gear design, such as profile modifications or helical teeth. These measures help attenuate noise and vibration transmission and improve overall system performance.
5. Resonance mitigation: Resonance, which occurs when the natural frequency of the system matches the excitation frequency, can amplify noise and vibration. To mitigate resonance, design modifications such as changing gear stiffness, altering the system’s natural frequencies, or adding damping elements can be considered. Analytical tools like finite element analysis (FEA) can help identify resonant frequencies and guide the design changes to reduce vibration and noise.
6. Isolation and damping: Isolation and damping techniques can be employed to minimize noise and vibration transmission to the surrounding structures. This can involve using resilient mounts or isolators to separate the gear system from the rest of the equipment or incorporating damping materials or devices within the gear housing to absorb vibrations and reduce noise propagation.
7. Tightening and securing: Loose or improperly tightened components can generate noise and vibration. Ensuring that all fasteners, bearings, and other components are properly tightened and secured eliminates sources of vibration and reduces noise. Regular inspections and maintenance should include checking for loose or worn-out parts and addressing them promptly.
Addressing noise and vibration issues in a worm gear system often requires a systematic approach that considers multiple factors. The specific measures employed may vary depending on the nature of the problem, the operating conditions, and the desired performance objectives. Collaborating with experts in gear design, vibration analysis, or noise control can be beneficial in identifying and implementing effective solutions.
What are the benefits of using a worm gear mechanism?
Using a worm gear mechanism offers several benefits in various applications. Here are some of the advantages:
- High Gear Reduction: Worm gears provide high gear reduction ratios, allowing for significant speed reduction and torque multiplication. This makes them suitable for applications where a small input speed or high torque output is required.
- Compact Design: Worm gears have a compact design, with the worm and worm wheel positioned at right angles to each other. This makes them space-efficient and suitable for applications where size and weight limitations exist.
- Self-Locking: Worm gears exhibit a self-locking characteristic due to the angle of the worm’s helical thread. This means that the worm can drive the worm wheel, but the reverse is not true. The self-locking feature allows worm gears to hold position without additional braking mechanisms, making them suitable for applications that require mechanical holding or braking capabilities.
- Quiet Operation: Worm gear mechanisms are known for their quiet operation. The helical nature of the worm’s thread and the meshing with the worm wheel teeth help reduce noise and vibration, resulting in smoother and quieter performance.
- Shock Load Resistance: Worm gears are capable of handling moderate to high shock loads due to their inherent design. The sliding action between the worm and worm wheel allows the gear system to absorb and distribute sudden impacts and loads effectively.
- Versatile Mounting Options: Worm gears can be mounted in various orientations, including horizontal, vertical, and inclined positions, providing flexibility in design and installation.
- High Torque Transmission: The design of worm gears allows for efficient transmission of high torque. This makes them suitable for applications that require heavy-duty torque requirements, such as lifting mechanisms, conveyor systems, and machine tools.
- Simple Lubrication: Worm gears typically require lubrication to reduce friction and wear. However, compared to some other gear types, worm gears have relatively simple lubrication requirements due to the sliding action between the worm and worm wheel. Proper lubrication helps extend the lifespan of the gear system and maintain its performance.
These benefits make worm gear mechanisms well-suited for a wide range of applications, including automotive systems, industrial machinery, elevators, robotics, and more. However, it’s important to consider the specific requirements and limitations of each application to ensure the optimal use of worm gears.
editor by CX 2023-11-03